September 6, 2023 – Flagler County is pleased to announce that the grand opening ceremony of the State Road 100 Pedestrian Bridge will be held at 3:30 p.m. September 19 (Tuesday) and the public is cordially invited to attend.
“We are very excited that the pedestrian bridge is open, and we want to celebrate it with the community,” said County Administrator Heidi Petito. “I’ve been out there and have had the pleasure of meeting people on the trail enjoying the new addition. Some expressed their gratitude the bridge was built because they use the amenity a few times a week.”
While there is no parking at the bridge itself, Flagler County has arranged two options for parking:
- There will be limited parking on county-owned property located just west of the bridge on the south side of State Road 100 – the righthand side of the roadway for those approaching from Interstate 95
- There will also be parking at the Badcock Shopping Center east of the State Road 100 Pedestrian Bridge with a shuttle bus provided at 3:15 p.m. to ensure the event begins on time
The bridge, along with its associated two-plus miles of trails and sidewalks that round out the project, link the Lehigh Trail, State Road 100 and Old Kings Road South sidewalks, conservation lands in Graham Swamp, and the Flagler County owned property known as Bulow “Parcel D,” which is currently in the planning and design phase to develop the Bulow Creek Headwaters Regional Park.
The process for the project – that spent years on the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Alternative Priorities ranking list (also referred to as TAP projects) – began in 2018 when the Board of County Commissioners approved the $1.5 million design phase.
The cost of the project, which largely comes from federal and state grant funding, is as follows:
- Design/Permitting – $1,478,161.30
- Post Design/ Engineer of Record – $51,381.66
- CEI (Construction, Engineering, and Inspection) – $980,878.12
- Construction – $9,858,121.65
Follow Flagler County Government on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FlaglerCountyGovernment.