DeLand, Fla. (Sept. 29, 2023) – The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Volusia/Flagler Chapter celebrated an important occasion during its recent board installation social, themed “Celebrating the New Year.” The event, held at Copperline Coffee + Cafe in Port Orange, marked a significant moment in the chapter’s history with the installation of its first Latina President, Johanna Santana, and President-Elect Sasha Staton.
During the event, the chapter recognized outstanding achievements within its community, including Staton who received the prestigious Member of the Year Award for her exceptional contributions to the chapter and the public relations industry.
Santana shared her vision for the chapter as the newly installed President, echoing the statewide theme, “Focus Forward to a Bright Future.” She also encouraged attendees to view the Chapter as an extension of their professional teams, emphasizing the chapter’s commitment to providing support, knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
One of the highlights of the social was the opportunity for attendees to indulge in coffee tastings presented by Copperline Coffee + Café, symbolizing the start of the year with renewed energy. The event provided a platform for attendees to engage with the newly installed board members, network with industry professionals, and gain valuable insights.
The newly installed board members for the FPRA Volusia/Flagler Chapter are:
- Johanna Santana: President | SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
- Sasha Staton: President-Elect | Benedict Advertising
- Christine Martindale: Immediate Past President & VP Member Services | Mitsubishi Power Americas
- Donna Graybill: Secretary | Seventh Wave Photo + Films
- Jennifer Roberts, APR: VP, Finance | Back Porch Communications
- Angelene Davis: VP, Digital Media & Communications | City of Palm Coast
- Chris Graham, APR, MBA: VP, Credentialing | City of DeLand
- Sara Withrow: VP Student Services | The Nature Conservancy /Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Dr. Salvador (Ray) Victor: Student Faculty Advisor | Bethune-Cookman University
- Bob Barker: Senior Advisor | Retired
The FPRA Volusia/Flagler Chapter is now accepting new members. Those who join the chapter can consider it an extension of their team and a valuable resource in their careers as they collectively “Focus Forward to a Bright Future.”
About FPRA Volusia/Flagler:
FPRA Volusia/Flagler is one of 16 chapters of the Florida Public Relations Association. The chapter is the premier professional development association for PR practitioners in Volusia and Flagler counties on Florida’s central-east coast. Members represent corporate, nonprofit and government sectors. For more than 40 years, the chapter has provided professional development, leadership and networking opportunities for public relations professionals in the two-county area. We promote the highest standards of professional public relations ethics and provide a forum for the exchange of PR knowledge, trends, ideas and innovations. FPRA has over 1,000 members statewide and is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who utilize ethical practices to enhance the public relations profession. To learn more about FPRA visit: https://www.fpra.org/