Palm Coast – The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A City Council Business Meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 7 at 6 p.m. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- City Council will present a proclamation for Flood Awareness Week of March 6, 2023 to promote awareness and increase knowledge of flood risk, the availability of flood insurance, flood protection methods, and how to prepare for emergencies.
- City Council will present a proclamation for Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month to bring awareness to the second most common blood cancer worldwide and the fastest rising hematologic cancer with no known cure.
- The Community Development department will present an ordinance establishing the Colbert Landings Community Development District, application #5308. In December 2022, the applicant submitted a petition to establish the Colbert Landings Community Development District (CDD) which is primarily a mechanism for funding the significant costs of providing infrastructure for a residential community. This item was heard by City Council at their February 21, 2023, Business Meeting. There were no changes suggested to this item.
The following items will be presented as consent items for approval:
- A resolution approving a master price agreement with Argos USA, LLC for 4000 PSI concrete with fiber mesh.
- A resolution approving fund agreements with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for state road 100 projects from North Palmetto Street to east of Old Kings Road South.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name, and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings occur in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.