Flagler County is hosting a candlelight vigil at 4 p.m. Monday (May 17) to remember those residents who lost their lives to COVID-19. The ceremony will take place in front of the Government Services – inside if it rains.
“The coronavirus pandemic has affected our ability to pay tribute to our loved ones who have died,” said Board of County Commissioners Chair Donald O’Brien. “One of the best ways to honor the collective grief we are experiencing because of the pandemic is by remembering those who died.”
A diverse complement of religious leaders throughout Flagler County will provide words of comfort and prayer:
- Kevin James, Palm Coast United Methodist Church
- James Bellitto, Church on the Rock
- Steve and Dianne Goldthorpe, Epic Church
- Charles Silano, Grace Tabernacle Ministries
- Rose Eberle, Temple Beth Shalom
- Manny Lopez, Santa Maria del Mar
- John Galloway, Calvary Palm Coast
- Flagler County Sheriff’s Office Chaplain Ed Reistetter
Battery-operated candles will be provided to all attendees. The ceremony will be streamed via Facebook Live at Facebook/FlaglerCountyGovernment for those who cannot attend in person. The Government Services Building is located at 1769 E. Moody Boulevard, Bunnell.
Media Release: Julie Murphy, MPIO
Public Information Officer