Topics include Department Overviews for Parks & Recreation, Public Works, Stormwater & Engineering, and Utility.
Palm Coast – The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public, and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. Increasing public engagement helps build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
Details of the items on the agenda are listed below:
- The Financial Services Department will give an overview of the Fund Accounting and Revenue Restrictions to prepare for the upcoming Fiscal Year 2024 budget. This overview will include a look into each fund type and what those funds can be used for. It will also cover restricted revenues and the specific purposes for which these funds can be used.
- The Parks & Recreation Department will give an Overview Presentation to assist Council during the upcoming budget preparations. This overview will detail Parks & Recreation’s level of service, which will include the following divisions: Parks Maintenance, Aquatics Center, Tennis Center/Southern Recreation Center, and Palm Harbor Golf Course.
- The Public Works Department will give an Overview Presentation to assist Council during the upcoming budget preparations. This overview will detail current operational effectiveness, successful public works service provisions, and future opportunities.
- The Stormwater & Engineering Department will give an Overview Presentation to assist Council during the upcoming budget preparations. This overview will cover all aspects of the department, including stormwater, utilities, transportation, and parks and facilities. Current challenges and projections will be included in the presentation.
- The Utility Department will give an Overview Presentation to assist Council during the upcoming budget preparations. This overview will include Utility’s Purpose and History, Safe And Reliable Services, Data-Driven Metrics, Growth Data, Plant Capacity Expansion, Cost Escalation, Chemicals, Supplies, Personnel Challenges, and Succession Planning.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes. Comment cards are available for contact information in order for staff to follow up with each speaker.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and both are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.