November 9, 2022 – Evacuation orders are effective at 3:30 p.m. today for residents and visitors in Zone A, the barrier island from Flagler Beach to Marineland, as well as mobile homes and RVs countywide, as issued by Flagler County because of Tropical Storm Nicole.
“We urge those who are going to stay with relatives, friends or at hotels to complete their evacuation by noon,” said Emergency Management Director Jonathan Lord. “This will clear that traffic by the time the evacuation order is effective. It will open at 3:30 p.m.”
The shelter location is Rymfire Elementary, 1425 Rymfire Drive, Palm Coast, for general population, special needs, and evacuees with pets.
Residents utilizing shelters are encouraged to arrive by 8 p.m. and to bring their own bedding. Single/twin size inflatable mattresses are preferred due to the space limitations.
All evacuees using the shelter should bring:
- Five-day supply of all medications
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets
- Extra chargers and batteries for electronics
- Headphones for music devices
- Snacks and “comfort foods” – meals will be served
- Important documents including identification, medical history, and insurance
- No weapons allowed
- No illegal narcotics allowed
- No alcohol allowed
Residents with pets:
- Animals must be crated
- Animals must have current vaccination records and supplies, including medications
- “Pets” are dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, rodents, and turtles
- Four (4) pet maximum
- No snakes, reptiles or farm animals and livestock
- No drop offs
Residents with special medical needs:
- Special medical needs residents are those who require daily assistance with medical conditions that prevent or hinder their ability to care for themselves, as well as those who require electricity or oxygen
- Residents countywide who have special medical needs that require electricity for medical purposes are also welcome in the special needs shelter.
- A family member or caregiver should stay at the shelter with the individual
- Special needs shelters provide only limited medical care
Find the latest updates on: